The SRM Nominating Committee is seeking nominations for the office of Second Vice President and for the Board of Directors (two positions) to be filled beginning in 2016. Nominations are sought from SRM members, Committees, and Sections. A total of six candidates, two for 2nd Vice President and four for each of two Director positions, will be selected from the list of nominees submitted.
Members or Sections who wish to put forth a nomination should submit for each nominee:
- Nominee’s full name, address, phone number, and email, and the office for which they are being nominated;
- 2-page (maximum) biographical sketch highlighting the nominee’s qualifications (including education, employment, professional emphasis, SRM and other activities, and honors, awards, and recognitions);
- ½-page (maximum) statement of why the nominee wants to serve as an SRM officer at this time (including nominee’s qualities, skills, and passions);
- A cover letter with:
- A statement from the nominee consenting to the nomination and asserting his/her willingness to serve;
- Evidence that the nominee’s Section, if applicable, has been notified of the nomination (this could include copying the Section on the nomination or a note from the Section acknowledging awareness of and/or support for the nomination) Additional materials, such as letters of support, will not be considered by the Nominating Committee.
Members may nominate themselves or other SRM members.
The Nominating Committee will interview nominees during its meeting at the SRM Annual Meeting. Nominees are encouraged to be available and participate in these interviews. If the nominee cannot participate in the interview process, a written statement may be submitted in lieu of the interview.
The Nominating Committee will consider the following criteria in selecting candidates from the nominee pool:
- leadership skills and ability;
- active and engaged participation in SRM (committee, section, parent society level);
- diversity of experiences, geography, gender, ethnicity, professional affiliation, age, and areas of expertise.
Each nomination shall be submitted as a separate packet to the Chair of the Nominating Committee. The preferred method of submission for nomination packets is via Email with the above information submitted as attachment(s) in MSWord or WordPerfect rather than in the body of the email message. Nomination packets may also be submitted by mail.
DEADLINE: Submit Nominations by Friday, December 19, 2014, to:
William Fox (Chair)
4509 Lapis Ct
College Station, TX 77845
Phone: (979) 777-3730
Successful candidates will be informed at the Annual Meeting and announced during the Annual Meeting Membership meeting.